Please contact us via email at [email protected].
To offer you the best service possible we ask that in your email you include the following:
- Affiliation to the University, if any.
- Funding source
- Funding details - University chartstring or external billing address
- What are you looking for from this consultation? Common answers include data analysis, experiment or survey design, methodology recommendation or review, methodology development, etc.
- Please share a brief summary of your consulting project. For example, if you have specific questions, you may share them with the consultant.
- As far as you know, does your project require the use of a particular software package? If so, please specify.
Note: services are available to people both inside and outside of the University at a range of rates depending on the project.
What We Do
We offer statistics and data science help and collaboration. Our services range from planning of pilot studies and surveys, to methodological help with data science, software development for specialized tasks, and data analysis. These services are available to the entire community, including the members of the University of Minnesota and the business community. When working with clients we listen to your needs and work with you to understand the questions and objectives of your study. We actively participate and help you formulate your problems in terms of statistical and data science questions. Then we help you solve those problems, and work with you until the solutions are reasonable and understandable. We communicate with you about what can, and what cannot, be solved using modern data science methods. Every year we work on a wide range of projects with University researchers, community and business partners. Depending or your needs and questions we can provide quick answers or design new methods to answer the questions or your research or business needs.
The Work We Have Done
Our team is ready to take on your data analysis needs. We have experience helping at all levels research and data interpretation.
Our experts can help you with:
- design experiments and surveys
- select and perform appropriate analyses
- interpret results
- write about statistical methods and results
- grant proposals (both internal and external)
- journal articles
- respond to reviewers comments
- student theses
- planning of surveys
- planning and designing pilot studies
- Bayesian analysis and computations
- preparing software tools for dedicated client usage
- multi-level and hierarchical modeling
- time series data analysis
- prediction and forecast problems
- risk analysis
- analysis of extremes
- OTHER STATISTICAL AND DATA SCIENCE TOPICS (JUST ASK!!)
Collaborative Research with Academia and Business
Are you interested in a collaborative project, which might require addressing open research questions? Are your questions more challenging than what can be answered by currently available data science tools? The mission of the Institute for Research in Statistics and its Applications (IRSA) is to engage in these collaborative and trans-disciplinary projects. Suitable collaborative projects may be free of charge! Long-term projects that involve our students and faculty as research collaborators rather than just service providers, as well as certain externally or internally funded projects may not require payment for several of our services.
We Respect Your Data and Privacy
The Institute for Research in Statistics and its Applications (IRSA) and the Statistical Consulting Center fully understands and respect your privacy and confidentiality. We will never share your data, your projects or your contact information with anyone. We have resources and team strength to handle confidential and sensitive data and projects. Student and faculty team members goes through training to ensure they know and understand ethical requirements, and are bound to follow responsible research standards.